When I saw this recipe for dairy free breakfast tarts with an oatmeal crust, I knew I had to make it. And why not just double the recipe right off the bat? Amazing. So of course, I had to mess with it and make it mine [insert evil laugh here].
1 1/2 cups oats, ground into oat flour
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp sugar or dry sweet alternative
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp coconut oil
3 tsp cold water
add-in: chia jam on the bottom of the cooled crust
3/4 cup fruit of choice (I’ve used blueberries here)
1 cup cashews, ground
2tbsp coconut oil
3 cups coconut yogurt
sweetener to taste (dates, honey, maple syrup, monkfruit…)
Preheat oven to 375*F
1. Mix the oat flour, almond meal, sugar, and salt.
2. Whisk in the oil until coarse crumbs form.
3. Add water, as needed, to create tender dough that isn’t sticky.
4. Press the dough into your chosen vessel (I just used a pyrex baking dish, but you could get fancy with a few ramekins).
5. Poke a few holes with a fork in the bottom of the crust to let air escape as it cooks.
6. Bake for 12 minutes.
7. Blend all filling ingredients in the blender together until completely smooth. If your blender is not very powerful, you may need to use a spice grinder to grind the nuts to a powder. Otherwise, your filling will have an undesirable texture.
8. Spread 1-2 tbsp of chia jam onto the inside of the cooled crust.
9. Pour the filling into the cooled crust, top with fruit, cover, and refrigerate overnight.